Thursday, August 5, 2010

Meet Lavender


I'd like you to meet Lavender and her little sister Lavender Jr. These two brick columns are some of the first things you see when you walk into our house. And they're lavender. With hunter green carpet underneath. Yeah, it's beautiful. It's one of the things that, when we looked at the house, was on the short "There's Not a CHANCE That's Staying" list.


And now here it is, more than six years later, and Lavender and Lavender Jr. are still, well, lavender. I blame this on my circular thinking. You see, "someday" we are going to redo this whole area. I don't want to paint the columns because most likely I'll just have to repaint them to match whatever color scheme we end up using. But it's not in the budget to redo these rooms now, so I can't paint the columns yet.

So I have finally decided to take a stand and paint them...white. My logical brain finally kicked in and said, "They don't match now! Paint them white. If you redecorate, great, you've done a primer coat and are ready for another color. If you don't redecorate, at least they will not clash with your carpet." HOW long did it take my brain to figure that out?

So $17 and change later, I have a white primer and a detail paint brush. I just need to haul out the painter's tape and drop cloths and get it done. Any bets on how long THAT will take?

No comments:

Post a Comment